Linedef type 22
Linedef type 22, PolyObject Parameters, is a type of linedef special which is used to set the properties of a PolyObject. This linedef is optional – if it is omitted, all properties will be set to default values. For more information on setting up PolyObjects, see the PolyObject tutorial.
To use this effect, create a control sector outside of your map, and give one of its linedefs linedef type 22. The tag of the control linedef should be set to the PolyObject's ID (which is also the tag of the corresponding linedef type 20 and the Angle of the PolyObject Spawn Point).
The control linedef's flags toggle the following settings:
- If Flag  / Slope Skew / Effect 1 is set, only the outer sides of the PolyObject will be rendered.
- If Flag  / No Midtexture Skew / Effect 2 is set, the PolyObject will be intangible.
- If Flag  / Peg Midtexture / Effect 3 is set, the PolyObject will stop any movement if it comes in contact with a pushable Object.
- If Flag  / Solid Midtexture / Effect 4 is set, the PolyObject's flats will be rendered. By default, the flats will be invisible.
- If Flag  / Not Climbable is set, the PolyObject will execute any trigger linedef whose tag is set to 32000 plus the PolyObject's ID when a player lands on it (as opposed to just standing on the PolyObject, or stepping up/down onto it from elsewhere).
If Flag  / Upper Unpegged is set, the PolyObject's initial translucency level is set via the control linedef's front X offset, as a value between 0 (opaque) and 10 (invisible). Otherwise, it is set via the control sector's floor height, in steps of 100. The following 11 translucency levels are available:
|Floor height||Front X offset (Upper Unpegged)||Translucency level|
|0–99, or below 0||0 and below||0% translucent (completely opaque)|
|1000 and above||10 and above||100% translucent (completely invisible)|
If the Parameters linedef is omitted, the PolyObject will spawn with full opacity. The translucency of the PolyObject can be changed at runtime with linedef type 491 (Set Translucency) and linedef type 492 (Fade Translucency).
To turn the PolyObject into a child PolyObject of another, the sector special value of the control sector should be set to the parent PolyObject's ID. If this feature is not wanted, the sector special value should be set to the PolyObject's own ID; this tells the game that the PolyObject has no parent.
- Example file: ex_ld022_polyobject_parameters.wad (MAP01)
|How to use|
|Linedef types – PolyObjects||[view]|
|First Line • Parameters • Waving Flag • Displacement by Front Sector • Angular Displacement by Front Sector|