The official SRB2 Discord server is a Discord server for members of the SRB2 community. Discord is a text and voice chat client similar to Skype and Ventrilo but aimed specifically at gamers, although it can be used for things outside of gaming. The SRB2 Discord users converse about a wide range of topics, including SRB2, other video games, pop culture and many other things. Apart from casual conversation, it can be used by modders to show off their work and can be used to ask for help on editing SRB2 or to set up netgames.
- Immaturity will not be tolerated. Think before you post and use some common sense.
- Use understandable English. We know mistakes will happen, but we expect you to make reasonable sense.
- Keep discussion to appropriate channels. All spoilers go into #new-release-spoilers. Amusing images/videos that don't contribute to an active discussion go in #junkbox.
- Explicit sexual content, explicit violent content, and sources of pirated material are not to be discussed here.
- No spam, advertising (including other Discord servers), harassment, flaming, or trolling.
- Do not backseat moderate. If something needs moderator action, please bring it to our attention instead of taking it into your own hands.
- Financial transactions are absolutely not allowed on this server. We can't and won't stop you from performing commissions on your own in private or elsewhere, but you are strictly on your own and we will not intervene on anybody's behalf if a deal goes bad.
- Per Discord ToS, anyone under the age of 13 is not allowed to use Discord. If we find out you are under 13, you will be banned and reported to Discord immediately. We do not negotiate on this point.
- Moderators are tasked with keeping Discord in order. If a mod tells you to do something (Or not to do something), stop and do what the mod says. "But it's not in the rules" is not an acceptable excuse for bad behavior.
Small infractions result in being temporarily sent to detention on the server. Repeated or severe infractions lead to temporary server bans. Ban evasion leads to permanent server bans.
If you have any questions about these rules, feel free to ask. Finally, the staff reserves the right to take moderation action on any user for any reason.
To group related conversations together, the Discord server is divided into several channels. Please choose the appropriate channel for what you want to say.
- #rules: Server rules.
- #announcements: Server and SRB2 announcements.
- #srb2: General SRB2 discussion.
- #netgames: SRB2 netgame setup and planning.
- #help: Having technical issues? Ask about it here.
- #wiki: This channel is for discussion of SRB2 Wiki editing. If you want to participate, ask an admin or mod to get send permissions.
- #speedruns: Share your replays and discuss tricks.
- #mapping: Level design discussion.
- #udmf: This channel is for discussion of SRB2's in-progress UDMF implementation. If you want to participate, ask an admin or mod to get send permissions.
- #spriting: Spriting discussion and critique.
- #scripting: For discussion of SOC & Lua scripting.
- #hardcoding: Source code discussion for SRB2 and utilities. Lua and SOC goes in #scripting.
- #git-feed: Feed for the Git repo.
- #off-topic: General discussion about things that may or may not be related to SRB2.
- #show-and-tell: Post artwork, music, and other non-SRB2 media you made here for critique.
- #new-release-spoilers: Spoilers go here. ONLY spoilers go here. Keep discussion that isn't a spoiler in other channels.
- #mafia: Channel for the Mafia bot. This channel should be used exclusively for Mafia games.
- #bots: Channel for using bot commands. Please try to limit most of your usage of bots to this channel.
- #junkbox: General purpose meme channel. Please do NOT flood or spam the chat.
- #voice: For text, images, and links to go along with an ongoing voice chat.
- General: General voice chat.
- Netgames: For voice chat during SRB2 netgames.
The SRB2 Discord server has two types of staff: Moderators enforce the rules. They have the authority to send users to detention and kick or ban them if necessary. Administrators have greater control over the channel, being able to change server settings, create new channels and promote users to moderators. The server is owned by Rob.
- pv2 (Prime 2.0)