Welcome to the SRB2 Wiki, a community effort to provide helpful information on the game Sonic Robo Blast 2! Here, you can find walkthroughs, trivia, and a plethora of editing information and tutorials! We have information on 1,029 articles as of October 3, 2018.
Remember that YOU, the visitor, can contribute information to our Wiki! Just edit our existing articles if you can add information, or create a new one! It is recommended that you read our rules as well as the Manual of Style, which tells you how to edit articles, before starting out.
Help us be the BEST SRB2 information source, and we hope you enjoy the Wiki!
Sonic Robo Blast 2
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Hi, we just got an article on the recently started up Discord for SRB2!
Okay, poor excuse for making a news post over, I'll update you on what MascaraSnake and I have been up to the last year or so:
- All the Outdated pages are now up-to-date as of writing!
- The articles for SRB2 v1.09.4's levels all have Thing type lists again, though now 2.0 and 2.1's level articles have them too! Guide maps have also been re-added to the 2.1 multiplayer articles, and the walkthroughs for Single Player levels (1.09.4, 2.0 and 2.1) have been drastically improved in quality.
- Back in April this year, I finally completed the List of sounds article's sound descriptions, thanks to a disassembly of S3&K I found. I think we actually have a more complete list of S3&K sound descriptions than Sonic Retro does, lol.
- We added a ton of information to the Versions articles, to the point where they're probably largely complete now!
- All our existing map component pages now show the contents of their corresponding lumps in a WAD, which may be useful for some of you to know.
- Thanks to Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, I re-discovered the existence of two lost OLDCs from before September 2003. However, I sadly cannot find any copies of the contest WADs themselves. If you're old enough to remember 2003 and you happen to have these lost OLDCs' WADs lying around, please let me know!
I can think of a few more things we did, so allow me to add to this:
- On top of the articles, a lot of outdated images were updated as well: Old SRB2 screenshots were retaken in v2.1 and SRB2DB/Workbench screenshots were recreated in Zone Builder.
- While I was working on images, I took the opportunity to finally add screenshots to the Zone Builder tutorial, which hopefully make it a lot more user-friendly.
- Some old tutorials that had been in a bad shape for a while were rewritten, including the NiGHTS tutorial, the Pegging article and the Timed linedef executor articles.
- All the linedef types and sector types now have example WADs.
- The emblem guide is finally finished.
- The Console article (including the list of commands and variables) is now complete.
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Friday, October 16, 2015
Hey guys, the SRB2 Wiki just turned 10 years old today, can you believe it? I have trouble doing so myself! Having first learned of this place for myself back in its early days sometime around mid-2006, it's most certainly come a long way from what was once known as "TNG2W" and later "S.T.A.R.S".
Since we haven't had a news update for a while now, I'll take the opportunity to say that, apart from a few pages, the Wiki should be mostly up-to-date for version 2.1 now! The old Character WAD tutorial article has also recently been replaced with the Character creation tutorial, which hopefully should be more informative about certain aspects of character creation than what was there before.
As a last note, I'd like to encourage more people to contribute to the Wiki if they can. After all, this is a Wiki that anyone with an account can edit and improve if they wish! It gets a bit lonely managing the Wiki all by myself these days, I'd certainly appreciate it if someone else helped a bit at least. =)
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Keep in mind that most of the information on the Wiki has yet to be updated to reflect the release of version 2.1. Please help us get things in order, as you know how hectic these releases can be.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Hey guys, update again.
It's been decided that the old admin system of "Founder", "HeadAdmin", "Maintainer", was arbitrary and dumb, and was truthfully just made to solve some issues with authority hierarchy rather than anything actually important. We've now reverted back to traditional Wiki standards of Administrators (formerly sysops) and Bureaucrats. All user rights have been adjusted as necessary. SpiritCrusher is still probably your go-to guy for most things, but because I don't expect to see anyone on staff go on a power trip, I think the titles can just be what they are now.
Sunday, March 03, 2013
You probably noticed some vandalism on the Wiki recently. An angry child has attacked us because he can't own up to his own mistakes. As a result, I have set it so that new users must now wait for admin approval before making edits to the Wiki. We will be screening IP addresses before approving members. Users registering through a proxy will not be allowed to make edits. Aside from that, we do not require anything from new users. This is purely a screening process, it is not an approval system, and it will not become one.
As of this writing, all accounts are inactive. I will be fixing this over the next day. I'll make an announcement when it's done. I'll also fix the registration screen to explain this to new users.
Sorry about the inconvenience.
All accounts have been approved, and a message now appears on the email confirmation screen when a new account is registered to make users aware of this. If anyone can't access their account for some reason, best way to get in contact with me is through IRC or the forums. SpiritCrusher and MonsterIestyn are also both able to activate accounts. I don't think we missed any, but if you find that yours doesn't work, contact one of us.