SRB2 Tortured Planet is a level pack made by Fawfulfan during the v2.0 era. It primarily consists of a Single Player campaign spanning eight zones plus a final boss. A ninth zone was featured in earlier versions, but it was removed from the campaign due to its poor reputation and is now only accessible from the level select. Additionally, the pack features a ten-level Match rotation, three unlockable maps, and custom music made by Charybdizs. Despite its mixed reputation, Tortured Planet is popular as the only completed large-scale level pack of the v2.X era.
Current release information
- Current version: v10.5 (August 27, 2014)
- Available at: SRB2 Message Board
Tortured Planet comprises eight zones of three levels each. Like the official SRB2 levels, the zones contain two full-length levels and one boss battle at the end. After completing all eight zones, the player fights Brak Eggman in a final boss stage. An additional zone, Spacewalk Zone, was featured as the second-to-last zone in previous versions of Tortured Planet. Since v10, it is no longer part of the regular level progression, but it still accessible from the level select. Tortured Planet also includes a set of ten Match levels; each of the first nine is based on one of the Single Player zones, and the tenth is a joke level, What The Heck Zone.
The first two acts of each zone, including Spacewalk Zone, contain seven emblems: Four are hidden directly in the map, one for each character and one that can be collected by all characters, and one can be earned for each discipline in Record Attack. The boss levels feature only an emblem for time. Additionally, there are four global emblems: one for getting an overall play time of three hours and one for beating an overall requirement across all maps for each discipline in Record Attack.
- Level Select - Enables you to access any level in Tortured Planet as any character. It is unlocked by completing the game.
- Emblem Hints - Complete the game twice to unlock the emblem hints.
- Emblem Radar - Complete the game three times to unlock the emblem radar.
- Tortured Records - Collect 5 emblems to unlocks Record Attack.
- Deja Vu 1 - Getting an overall time of 90 minutes in Record Attack unlocks Fire Flight Zone, an improved version of a NiGHTS stage originally submitted to the November/December 2009 OLDC.
- Deja Vu 2 - Collecting 30 emblems unlocks Upload Download Zone, an improved version of a CTF stage originally submitted to the January/February 2010 OLDC. Due to SRB2's limitations, it cannot be loaded in its proper gametype from the secrets screen, but this problem can be circumvented by starting a netgame and warping to the level via the console.
- Deja Vu 3 - Collecting 60 emblems unlocks Wacky Tesseract Zone, an improved version of a Race stage originally submitted to the March/April 2010 OLDC. Due to SRB2's limitations, it cannot be loaded in its proper gametype from the secrets screen, but this problem can be circumvented by starting a netgame and warping to the level via the console.
- Tortured Archives - An archive that contains the Single Player maps as they appeared in v1.2. They can be accessed through three hub stages, which are unlocked by collecting 40, 80 and 120 emblems, respectively.