Spring Hill Zone
|Single Player levels|
|MAP58: Spring Hill Zone|
|Capture the Flag stages|
MAP58, Spring Hill Zone, is a tribute to the original Sega Saturn game, NiGHTS into Dreams—a NiGHTS level where you roam in the air as Super Sonic, grabbing wings and rings to gain points and complete the level. It is unlocked by collecting 100 emblems. The background music is a remix of Paternal Horn, a song from the original NiGHTS into Dreams game. This stage is set in a rather simplistic and small GFZ-like environment, unlike the huge and detailed level often associated with NiGHTS, such as Botanic Serenity.
Take the spring in front of you and jump into Super Sonic to transform into him. You're now in 2D mode, which means that you'll fly along a 2D-track, flying through hoops and collecting Wings and rings. Your main objective is to collect 80 rings and deposit them in the Ideya Capture. To collect multiple items at once, you can fly around them in a closed loop. You can also drill with the jump button to increase your speed and destroy enemies. However, you must have a full drill dash meter to do so. You should deposit your rings in the Ideya Capture before time runs out, otherwise you will change back to normal Sonic and lose all your rings. Once the Capture is destroyed, return to the Ideya Drone to end the level.
It is not required to transform into Super Sonic to beat the level. Instead, you can also collect 80 rings as regular Sonic and them jump into the Ideya Capture. However, many rings are hard to access by normal means. To make it easier, go to the big lake. You should see a high pillar nearby. Jump on top of it to obtain a useful Attraction Shield.
Points of interest
- Jump up the staircase at the castle entrance. Once you're on top, turn around and jump on the next ledge. From there you should see a T-shaped ledge with a 1,000 Point Monitor.
- Inside the deep square hole, there is a 1,000 Point Monitor in a small alcove in the wall.
- At the entrance to the castle there is a bridge over a river. Jump into the river and follow it to the left to reach a 10,000 Point Monitor.
- After exiting the castle there are two trees in front of you. The tree to the right has a small patch of darkened bark. Spindash into it to enter the tree, containing a 10,000 Point Monitor.
- Run around the left side of the large pond until you reach a ledge. Jump up the ledges until you reach a flower garden. Stand on the middle red flower and jump straight up to pop a 10,000 Point Monitor in the ceiling.
- Near the deep square hole there lies a flower garden. In the middle of it lies a 10,000 Point Monitor.
- On the backside of the island with the Ideya Capture, there are some jagged edges. There is also a small portion of raised ground containing a 10,000 Point Monitor.