2.0:Red Volcano Zone Act 1
|Single Player levels|
|MAP16: Red Volcano Zone Act 1|
|Capture the Flag stages|
MAP16, Red Volcano Zone Act 1, abbreviated as RVZ1, is the first act of Red Volcano Zone, the sixth zone in Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.0. Originally a secret level in v1.09.4, it appears in v2.0 in a more polished state, with new textures, gimmicks, and details. It takes place in an underground volcano and features lava as the main hazard. The lava is tangible from the sides, but the surface is solid to the player. The level uses lava in several distinct ways to pose a threat, including intermittently falling lava curtains, rising and falling lava, a lava wave and fireballs. Crumbling platforms also appear in several spots throughout the stage. No enemies are featured in this stage.
You start the level in front of a lava lake with three platforms floating on its surface. Once you jump on the first platform, the lava will start to rise. Make your way across the platforms quickly to reach the exit before the platforms crush you against the ceiling. If you jump back to the entrance before it closes off, or if you're playing in multiplayer and another player has already made the lava rise, a door will open to your left, revealing a red spring that allows you to skip the rising lava room. You will enter a cave with a low ceiling. In front of you is a small pool of lava. Behind it is a large gap in the floor, which presents you with a path split: You can either jump down or cross the gap.
After jumping down, enter the cave to your right. Lava will fill up the area, so step onto one of the elevated platforms and continue across them until you reach a button that lowers the lava. Once the lava has lowered, it reveals a passage to the next room. In this room, jump up the platforms to your right. From there you can reach a large gray platform, which will crumble when stepped on. Use it to jump to the ledge on the other side. Then, jump across the broken bridge while dodging the fireballs that jump out from under it. Turn left and use another crumbling platform to reach a ledge with yellow springs.
Take the springs to reach a room with lava that periodically rises and falls. In front of you are several platforms that you must jump across. The first and fourth platforms are safe from the lava, but the other ones will be submerged when the lava rises. The exit to the room is blocked by a platform that floats in the lava. Wait until it has reached its lowest point and then exit the room. In the following hallway you must dodge several curtains of intermittently falling lava. After exiting the hallway, continue forward until you see a Star Post to your right. Here the paths rejoin.
Jump across the gap to reach a room with lava that periodically rises and falls. Wait until the lava is at its lowest point and then jump across the four platforms in front of you to reach the exit. The lava won't reach the fourth platform, so that one is safe to stay on. In the next two rooms, you must jump across several platforms that crumble when stepped on. Eventually you will reach a bridge made out of crumbling platforms. Make your way across it. If you should fall into the lava, look to the left for a small ledge with a yellow spring which leads up to a staircase. The staircase leads into a cave with a shortcut.
At the other end of the bridge, you must drop down a small cliff in front of you. Then jump across two platforms floating in a lava pool before reaching a curtain of intermittently falling lava. Wait until it is gone and then jump to your left. Now just must jump across a broken bridge while dodging fireballs that jump out from under it. At the end of the bridge is a row of springs, and another lava curtain behind it. Use the springs immediately after the lava has disappeared and land on the ledge with the first Star Post. Here the paths rejoin.
Walk past the Star Post to enter a room with a net spanning between several platforms over a lava pool. One of the platforms contains an Invincibility Monitor, which makes the next section easier. In the next room, you must make your way across several platforms floating in the lava. They will sink when you stand on them, so only stay on them for a very short time to avoid sinking into the lava. Jump across the platforms to reach a corridor that eventually leads to a room with two curtains of intermittently falling lava. In front of the curtains are crumbling platforms. Jump to the first crumbling platform shortly before the lava disappears, and then jump to the next crumbling platform while it's gone. Wait for the second lava curtain to fall and then jump into the entrance to a hallway in front of you, which leads to the second Star Post.
The next area consists of a lava river with two shores. Follow the river on the right shore until you reach a cliff. In front of you, you can see the remnants of a bridge that was destroyed by falling lava. Jump down the crumbling platforms to your left and then turn right to reach a platform in the lava, and a second platform from there. Now you will be able to see the other end of the broken bridge in front of you, which hangs down from the wall. You must make your way across several small stepping stones to reach it. Jump up the steps of the bridge, avoiding the flames.
You will reach a factory area, with windows blocking off a circular room full of lava. Turn left to enter a corridor with lava that moves in waves, periodically submerging some of the platforms that you must jump across. Make your way through this room and then exit to the right. You will reach the room that was blocked off earlier. Use the diagonal springs to reach the platform with the Level End Sign, which will start to rise as the level ends.
Points of interest
The upper path features a shortcut that allows the player to skip a large part of the level. To access it, jump down to the left in the room with the crumbling bridge right after the Force Shield Monitor. You should land on a staircase leading into a cave. Continue through the cave until you get to a hole in the floor which is filled with a lava current. Grab the Invincibility Monitor and then jump into the lava. The current will take you to a ledge with an Extra Life Monitor. Jump to the ledge in front of you to end up at the room with the two falling lava curtains and the crumbling platforms.
- In the upper path's first room, jump to a ledge to your right from the second platform.
- In the room with the rising and falling lava on the lower path, go to the second safe platform and drop down to the left once the lava is at the lowest point. A diagonal red spring attached to the bottom of the platform will propel you to a platform with a Force Shield on your left. From there, jump to another platform with a red spring to reach a ledge with two extra lives and an Elemental Shield.
- In the room with the sinking platforms after the paths have merged, look to your left when you are on the third platform. On the far side of the room is a small ledge with an extra life.
- At the lava river, after the room with the two curtains of falling lava, jump across the river to reach an extra life.
- In the room with the ladder that is on fire, turn around on the platform before the small rocks floating in the lava and jump between the two lava curtains behind you and to your right. You will reach a platform with an extra life and a Special Stage Token.
- In the lava wave room, there is a small pillar with an extra life in plain sight. Use the floating platform to reach it.
- In the first room after the lava drainer on the lower path, there's a Force Shield on the platform where the bridge starts.
- A Force Shield is located in plain sight at the start of the room with the crumbling bridge on the upper path.
- In the room where both paths merge, there is a large platform that goes up and down in the lava. It contains a Whirlwind Shield.
- In the room with the sinking platforms after the paths have merged, look to your left when you are on the third platform. On the far side of the room is a small pillar in the lava with an Attraction Shield on it.
- In the room with the nets after the first Star Post, there is an invincibility monitor on the platform after the first net.
|Player 1 Start||1|
|Player 2 Start||1|
|Player 3 Start||1|
|Player 4 Start||1|
|Rings and weapon panels||Occurrences|
|Super Ring Monitor (10 Rings)||4|
|Special Stage Token||2|
|Attraction Shield Monitor||1|
|Force Shield Monitor||3|
|Whirlwind Shield Monitor||1|
|Elemental Shield Monitor||1|
|Extra Life Monitor||8|
|Level End Sign||1|
|Springs and fans||Occurrences|
|Diagonal Yellow Spring||27|
|Diagonal Red Spring||9|