Acid Missile/Levels/Gloom Metropolis Zone Act 2
|Acid Missile levels|
|MAPK7: Gloom Metropolis Zone Act 2|
You start the level on a rooftop above a pit. Jump to the rooftop in front of you and turn right. Jump to another rooftop with a Crawla Commander on it and from there to the ledge to your left. Jump down to the street below and follow it to its end, where a hole in the floor leads into a sewer. Drop down into the hole and jump to the left walkway, where you will find the first Star Post. At the end of the walkway, the path splits.
First path split
Turn left and use the yellow springs to reach a higher walkway. Continue along it while avoiding the slime until you reach a red spring that takes you out of the sewer. Here the paths rejoin.
Turn right and proceed along the walkway until you reach a large platform that is suspended from the ceiling. Jump on it, but quickly jump off on the other side because it will crumble when stood on. Continue along the walkway until you reach a series of pillars with yellow springs in the slime. Use one of the lower springs to reach a higher pillar with another spring, which will take you to a high ledge in front of you. Turn left and walk across the ledge to reach an opening to another part of the sewer. Here the paths rejoin. Turn right and use the red spring at the end to get out of the sewer.
Second path split
Continue along the street leading left. After passing by the second Star Post, drop down to a lower street in front of you. Turn right and drop down to an even lower street leading left. At the end of the street, the path splits again: You can either continue across the bridge leading right or enter the alley to your left.
Enter the alley and follow it until you reach a fork in the path. The right path is shorter, but requires you to jump up a stack of crates to reach a higher ledge. The left path is longer, but only requires you to walk up a staircase. In either case, you will end up at the third Star Post and a room with a large pyramid-like building in the center. Walk around the edge and search for a red spring that will take you up to the second level of the building. Repeat this once more to reach the third level, where a diagonal yellow spring will take you to the street above. Turn left and walk to the end of the street, where you will find the Level End Sign.
Walk across the bridge and jump off to the rooftop to your right at the end. Take the diagonal red spring to be thrown up to a higher building on the other side of the bridge. Backpedal slightly to land on it and take the diagonal yellow spring to be propelled to another building. Again, backpedal slightly and take a third spring to reach a tunnel to your left. At the end of the tunnel, use a red spring to be thrown up through a hole in the ceiling and into a street. Walk to the end of the street, where you will find the Level End Sign.
Points of interest
- Take the right path in the sewer. In the room with the crumbling platform, enter the passage to your left. At the end, you will find an Elemental Shield.
- Take the right path in the sewer. When you get to the pillars with the springs, instead of taking them, enter the tube in front of you to reach a room with a Super Ring Monitor and a Whirlwind Shield.
- After the second Star Post, drop down to the street in front of you. Turn around to find an Attraction Shield in the left corner.
- After the second Star Post, turn right instead of going forward. You will enter a bridge inside a building. Jump down to your right to find a Super Sneakers Monitor.
- At the end of the level, instead of walking forward to the Level End Sign, turn left and walk through the street to find a diagonal red spring. Take it to reach the top of the large building, where you will find an Armageddon Shield.
Emerald token locations
- Token #1
- At the beginning of the level, instead of entering the street in front of you, continue climbing up across the buildings. After reaching the second-highest building, look into the street to see a series of balconies attached to the walls of the buildings. Jump across them and look to your left from the last one. You should see a high building with a token at the end of the street. Use your special ability to jump to it.
- Token #2
- Take the left path at the second path split. You will pass by a set of crates before you reach another fork in the path. Turn around and jump across the crates to reach the rooftop of the building in front of you. From there, jump across the building on the other side of the street until you reach the top of the tall gray building, where you will find a token.
- Sonic: At the beginning of the level, instead of entering the street in front of you, continue climbing up across the buildings. After reaching the second-highest building, look into the street to see a series of balconies attached to the walls of the buildings. Jump across them and look to your left from the last one. You should see a high building with a token at the end of the street, with the emblem floating above it. To reach it, you must bounce off one of the Crawlas in the street below.
- Tails: Take the right path at the second path split and enter the bridge. To your left are two tall buildings. Fly behind the lower one to find the emblem floating on the backside.
- Knuckles: At the beginning of the level, climb down between the black building with the fences and the one with the blue lights. The emblem floats between them.