Acid Missile/Levels/Storm Ruins Zone Act 2
|Acid Missile levels|
|MAPK4: Storm Ruins Zone Act 2|
You start the level in a corridor partially submerged in water. Walk forward and dodge the Crawla Commander approaching you. After a right turn, you will reach a staircase leading upwards. Once you step on it, the water will start rising. There are no air bubbles in this area, so make your way through the room quickly before you run out of air. Walk up the staircase, dodging the Pop-up Turrets midway through. Turn right and jump across two platforms attached to the outer wall. Turn right again and jump across two crumbling platforms to reach a platform with a red spring. The spring will take you above the water surface, into a corridor with Pop-up Turrets and Buzzes. After a right turn, you will reach the first Star Post.
First path split
You will now enter a room with several platforms suspended from the ceiling. The platforms will crumble when stood upon, so jump across them quickly. On the far left side you will reach the entrance to a corridor. If you fall down before reaching it, you must instead continue along a lower path. Jump over the pools of water below the platforms and look for an exit on the left side of the room.
On both paths, you must make your way through a crusher sequence. On the upper path, the floor moves up and down and threatens to crush you against the ceiling. There are several holes in the ceiling that you can stand safely underneath. You must pass through two small passages, one to the left and one to the right, to reach the other side. The lower path takes you through the same crusher sequence from below. Here the ceiling moves instead, threatening to crush you against the floor. Additionally, the entire sequence is underwater, forcing you to stop for air periodically. There are several holes in the floor with Air Bubble Patches, allowing you to pause and refresh your air supply.
If you took the upper path, you will reach a row of diagonal yellow springs that will take you underwater to the second Star Post. If you took the lower path, you will reach the second Star Post directly.
Second path split
After the Star Post, walk up a staircase to reach a room where the path splits again. If you jump across the beams in front of you, you will reach the upper path. If you fall down, you must take the lower path, which continues through a corridor in front of you.
Jump across the beams while avoiding the Crawlas to reach a corridor above the water surface. Follow the corridor until you reach a half-open room where an outer ledge submerged in water makes a U-turn. The water has a current that pushes you towards a pit in the center, so walk across the ledge carefully and steer slightly to the right to avoid falling into the pit. After crossing the room, turn left to encounter a narrow beam crossing a death pit. Here the paths rejoin.
Jump down and proceed along the corridor in front of you. You will eventually reach a narrow beam crossing a death pit. Walk across it and take the blue springs at the end to exit the water. Afterwards, continue along the corridor until you reach another beam above a death pit. Here the paths rejoin.
Walk across the beam to reach the other side. After a right turn, you will reach the third Star Post and a waterfall with a row of diagonal red springs. Take the springs to be propelled across a large pool of water in an outdoor area. Now turn left and follow the path. After crossing a bridge and turning left again, you will reach a temple structure with the Level End Sign.
Points of interest
- In the room with the crumbling platforms after the first Star Post, jump to the bottom and look for a wall covered in vines on the far side of the room, to the right of the exit to the lower path. This wall is bustable, revealing an Elemental Shield.
- Take the upper path at the second path split. After a left turn, you will see a diagonal wall covered in vines in the left corner. This wall is bustable, revealing an extra life.
- Take the upper path at the second path split. In the room with the ledge covered in water that makes a U-turn around a pit, look to your left from the middle to see an entrance to the building in the center. Jump to it and walk through a corridor to find a Super Ring Monitor and a Super Sneakers Monitor.
- Take the diagonal red springs after the third Star Post to reach the outdoor area. After landing, turn around and jump across the pillars on the left side to reach an alcove with an Invincibility Monitor.
Emerald token locations
- Token #1
- In the room with the rising water at the beginning, you can see a large pillar in the middle. Make your way through the room as quickly as possible. At the end, instead of taking the red spring, jump to that pillar. If you were quick enough, you can jump on a platform in the center that rises up with the water. Ride the platform to the top and then use the yellow spring to reach a corridor above you. At the end of the corridor, you will find the token. The floor underneath the token will crumble, leading you to the area with the first Star Post.
- Token #2
- Take the diagonal red springs after the third Star Post to reach the outdoor area. After landing, turn around and jump across the pillars on the right side to reach a corridor that leads to the top of a large waterfall. The token is at the far end of the waterfall.
- Sonic: In the room with the rising water at the beginning, you can see a large pillar in the middle. Make your way through the room. At the end, instead of taking the red spring, jump to that pillar. A platform in the center will rise up with the water. Wait for it to float past you and then jump into the hole underneath, positioning yourself exactly in the middle. As you fall into the pit, you will fall through the emblem along the way.
- Tails: At the end of the level, when you reach the large bridge, fly underneath it to find the emblem.
- Knuckles: At the start of the level, climb up the wall behind you. About midway up, you will find the emblem floating in the air.
|Player 1 Start||1|
|Stupid Dumb Unnamed RoboFish||20|
|Rings and weapon panels||Occurrences|
|Super Ring Monitor (10 Rings)||1|
|Special Stage Token||2|
|Elemental Shield Monitor||1|
|Super Sneakers Monitor||1|
|Extra Life Monitor||1|
|Air Bubble Patch||6|
|Level End Sign||1|
|Springs and fans||Occurrences|
|Diagonal Yellow Spring||4|
|Diagonal Red Spring||8|