Deep Sea Zone Act 2
|Single Player levels|
|MAP08: Deep Sea Zone Act 2|
|Capture the Flag stages|
MAP08, Deep Sea Zone Act 2, abbreviated as DSZ2, is the second act of Deep Sea Zone, the third zone in Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.1. It is similar in style to its first act, but relies more heavily on distinct gimmicks instead of traditional platforming challenges. Most prominently, waterslides are properly introduced in this act. While sliding on these, the player can move to the sides but not change the speed at which they move.
You start the level behind a waterslide. Jump in, and it will lead you to a small pool of water. From there you can see a big room which is flooded with water. The path splits here.
Charge a spindash, aiming to the two dark walls to your left. Once you land there, turn around to see a pillar with a ring on it. From here, jump across two more pillars to reach the next room. Take the path to the left and walk up the stairs. You will now enter a room with a bridge over a pool of water. In front of you is an entrance with a Star Post. Now jump into the waterslide in front of you. Follow the waterslide, and after being pushed down a spiraling staircase, you automatically land at the next Star Post. Jump into the waterslide to the right and press forward once you get thrown up into the air to land on the next platform. Going forward leads through a corridor with water dripping from the ceiling. Walk upstairs to get to a room with two red springs. Use one of these springs to be propelled up to a pillar with another red spring, which will propel you up into an underwater waterslide. Here the paths rejoin.
Jump into the cave in front of you. Just keep going forward until you fall into another pool. Continue forward until you reach a Star Post and a room with a well in the center. The next room is a maze of breakable blocks. Touching a block will destroy it. Once you reach the other side, you will end up in a large room with a waterfall to right. Take the red spring to reach the upper platform. Jump across the platforms and exit the room to the left to reach a Star Post. This room consists of several floating platforms. Step on one to make it rise and then jump to the next one. In the next room you have to jump into an underwater slide. Here the paths split twice into left and right. Take either one. Now the paths rejoin.
Jump over the set of spikes to be taken to the next big room. Here you have to jump over several platforms floating in the water. After jumping across them, use the red spring to propel yourself up to the next room, but be careful not to overshoot. You will end up in room with a Star Post. Jump into the water to get to an underwater room with several platforms. Don't worry if you fall, there is a floor at the bottom. Jump across the platforms to proceed but don't stay too long or they will crush you against the ceiling. At the end of this room you will get to a large crusher that goes up and down. When it's up, jump forward into the hole and wait until the crusher gets down. Then jump into the next hole where you can refill your air. Repeat this until you get to a small room with springs to the right. Take these to get out of the water and into a Star Post. You will now enter a waterslide. Jump forward after the U-turn to proceed, otherwise you will be taken back to the beginning of the waterslide. Now the path splits.
Go left at the fork and follow the slide until the end. In the next room, jump into the higher of the two slides to be taken to the End Level Sign (the lower one loops back to the beginning of the slide).
Go right at the fork and jump off to the left as soon as possible. Cross the room full of stalactites and take the slide in the next room to be taken to the End Level Sign.
Points of interest
- At the beginning, just where the row of rings is located, jump up to the left.
- In the descending staircase slide of the left path, there is an extra life on the right side. Jump at the right moment to get it.
- After the big outside waterslide (also left path), when you get to the ascending staircase, an extra life is on a ledge above you (not accessible as Sonic).
- In the underwater crusher segment, the safe spots in the third room allow you to fly/climb up to the top of the crusher, where a ledge with an extra life and four Super Ring Monitors is located.
- Just before the split in the waterslide maze, there is a ledge to your left with an extra life.
- Go left at the waterslide maze and jump off at the first opening. At the lowest level, you will see a waterslide with an extra life at the beginning of it. It's hard to get as Sonic though, because the current makes you face away from the monitor.
- Hidden deep in the bustable block maze.
- When taking the forward path at the beginning, before you jump across the water for the second time, turn to the right to see a cave. Jump to this cave for an Elemental Shield.
- Before you enter the waterslide on the left path, you can see several pillars in front of you. The fourth from the left contains a Whirlwind Shield.
- In the room with the large waterslide ramp, there is a small platform attached to the bottom of the bridge that leads into the next room. It contains two Super Ring Monitors and an Attraction Shield.
- In the room after the underwater slide, jump into the water and go around the platforms that lead out of the water. An Armageddon Shield is hidden behind some seaweed.
- When going right at the waterslide fork, in the room just before the End Level Sign, go to the cave in front of you and spindash at the middle wall. You will find an Attraction Shield and two Ring Boxes.
- When taking the left path at the beginning, right after exiting the room where the path splits, you will enter a room with a small temple structure to your right. Next to it is a small platform that allows you get up there and grab the Super Sneakers.
- In the room with the platforms that crumble up to the ceiling, there is a platform to the left of the room that contains a Super Sneakers monitor.
- At the end of the left path, before you enter the underwater waterslide, an invincibility monitor is in plain sight next to the red springs.
Knuckles' secret entrance
To get to a secret entrance in the bustable block maze, jump into the well in the room before it as Knuckles. To your left is a breakable block that leads to an alternate entrance to the bustable block room, taking you above the actual maze. This entrance doesn't save any time, but it might be useful to easily access some of the secrets in this room.
Knuckles' secret path
Once you get through the underwater slide section and jump across the platforms in the following room, you will reach a room with a Star Post where you normally have to drop down through a hole in the floor to enter an underwater section. As Knuckles, you can instead search the wall to your right for a cracked section, which breaks on contact. You will enter a room with a row of crushers that move up and down in a wave. On the other side of the room, there is an exit with a row of diagonal yellow springs, but the crushers prevent you from reaching it. Next to the entrance are two pillars with gargoyles on top of them. Push one of them off the pillar and next to the pillar with the other one, then push the other side on top of it. Push the stacked gargoyles under one of the crushers to prevent it from reaching all the way down. Now you can walk safely under it and reach the other side. There, aim towards the row of springs and charge a spindash. Release it while the other crushers are up to reach the springs, which will propel you to a ledge with a Super Ring Monitor and an extra life. After collecting them, jump into the waterslide next to the ledge and follow it until you reach a row of bars blocking the path. Jump to break the bars, after which you will enter the final section of the map with the waterslide maze.