||This article or section is outdated and has not been updated to reflect the release of SRB2 v2.2.
Please help the Wiki by correcting or removing any misinformation, as well as adding any new information to the page.
MAPM3, Thunder Citadel Zone, is the fourth Match level in Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.2. It takes place in a castle and its surrounding outside area, and is one of the most complex and large Match stages in SRB2, consisting of many different interconnecting rooms and areas. It was the first stage designed with the current Match weapon system in mind, although the weapon system in use at the time was a different one. It was entered into the December 2004 OLDC, where it scored 7.50. It has since been included in the SRB2 Match rotation, but was modified in the outside parts to contain areas to hold the new weapons in v2.0. It also received major changes in v2.0.5, where the outside area was re-textured (along with parts of the inside area), a sniper tower was removed and several areas exclusive to Tails and Knuckles were added.
Thunder Citadel Zone's layout.
- A – Dining hall: Located in the northwestern corner of the map, and containing two large tables and a carpet. To the south is a hallway leading to the bridge entrance and the western balcony. To the east is a hallway leading to the bedroom hall and the SRM dungeon, as well as a staircase leading on top of the shelves in the bedroom hall.
- B – Bedroom hall: A large hall with three adjacent bedrooms, which all contain items. A large two-story shelf winds around its walls, which can be accessed from the dining hall and leads to the eastern balcony. The south exit leads to the library entrance, while the west exit leads to the dining hall and the SRM dungeon.
- C – SRM dungeon: Branching off in the hallway between the two castle halls, this room contains a crusher gauntlet leading to an SRM.
- D – Water stream: In the corner of the library entrance, a small water-filled tunnel lots of rings and the Infinity Ring can be reached. It leads into the outside lake in front of the castle.
- E – Western balcony: Reachable from the hallway connecting the bridge entrance with the dining hall, this balcony oversees the western half of the map, and can be used to access some of the upper areas of the outside room.
- F – Eastern balcony: Reachable from the shelves in the bedroom hall, this balcony oversees the eastern half of the map, and can be used to access some of the upper areas of the outside room.
- G – Outside section: This is the main part of the map, spanning the complete southern half. It contains a castle entrance both in the west (across a lake, to the bridge entrance) and the east (up some platforms, to the library entrance. In the middle, two large natural bridges are located which divide the room into an upper and a lower area. The lower area contains entrances to the Automatic Ring cave in the south, while the upper area connects to the western balcony and the library entrance. The lake in the west contains a tunnel leading to the Rail Ring Panel.
- H – Automatic Ring cave: Located in the south of the outside area, this room actually consists of two caves connected by a tunnel. Their entrances are in the lower part of the outside section, near the natural bridges.
- I – Bridge entrance: The western castle entrance room, which can be reached via a drawbridge in the lake. It contains a small pool of water and connects to a hallway leading to the dining room and the western balcony.
- J – Library entrance: The eastern castle entrance room, which can be reached via some platforms on the outside and contains a library. A staircase descends to the bedroom hall, while another corridor leads to a walkway on the castle wall. A small pool in the corner of the room is the entrance point for the water stream.
- K – High cliffsides: Only accessible by Tails and Knuckles, these cliffsides have some remnants of the castle on them, along with quite a lot of items.
Points of interest
- The Bounce Ring Panel is located in the middle of the library entrance.
- The Rail Ring Panel is located in a small tunnel in the south of the outside lake. It is a dead end, so getting the panel might be risky.
- The Automatic Ring Panel, hence the name, can be found in the Automatic Ring cave. It is in the more central part of the cave.
- The Explosion Ring Panel is located in the center of the dining hall.
- The Scatter Ring Panel can be found on top of the eastern balcony.
- The Grenade Ring Panel can be found in the rightmost bedroom of the bedroom hall.
- The Infinity Ring can found inside the water stream leading from the library entrance into the outside lake.
- One SRM is located on a very small ledge on the outside castle wall. It can be reached by going onto the narrow walkway that can be accessed from the library entrance, and taking the yellow spring at the end of it. Its base item is a Whirlwind Shield.
- A second SRM is located in the thusly named SRM dungeon. Its base item is a Force Shield. To access it, go through the crusher corridor and take the spring at its end. The platform the monitor is on will then crumble and lead back to the dungeon entrance.
- A WRM can be found in the middlemost of the bedrooms in the bedroom hall, on top of the bed. Its base item is a Super Sneakers Monitor.
- In the westmost part of the outside section, close to the balcony, there is a small ledge up high by the lake, containing a WRM. Its base item is a Super Sneakers Monitor.
- In the eastern half of the Automatic Ring cave, a WRM is located. Its base item is a Whirlwind Shield.
Sonic players can access most of these areas, aside from the SRM shortcut and the high cliffsides, if a Whirlwind Shield is used.
- In the dining hall (A), there are groups of rings floating near the ceiling in each corner, and one above the south entrance. The groups in the corner contain a Bounce, a Scatter, a Rail and an Automatic Ring pickup.
- The bedroom hall (B) has a cloud of rings floating in the southwest corner, with an Explosion Ring pickup. There are also several ammo pickups on top of the wardrobe in the leftmost bedroom.
- There's a hole in the ceiling of the hallway connecting the bedroom hall (B) and the library entrance (J). Only Tails can enter it, and it makes for an easy entry to the SRM in the SRM dungeon (C).
- There is a tiny cloud of rings floating near the ceiling of the bridge entrance (I).
- A Grenade Ring pickup and 2 Super Ring Monitors are located on top of the bookcases in the library entrance (J).
- The high cliffsides (K) combined have 52 rings (including Super Ring Monitors) and a Bounce, a Scatter, an Explosion and an Automatic Ring pickup.
LevelName = Thunder Citadel
Music = CEZ2
TypeOfLevel = Match,Tag
SelectHeading = Standard
NextLevel = M4
Weather = 1
SkyNum = 10
MAPM3 – Thunder Citadel Zone
|Type of level
CEZ2 – Castle Eggman Zone Act 2
SKY10 – Castle Eggman Zone Act 1
Storm (thunder, lightning and rain)
MAPM4 – Desolate Twilight Zone