||This article or section should contain one or more images. Please spruce up the article by adding an image.
Linedef type 543, Downwards Wind, is a type of linedef special which creates a downdraft inside every tagged sector. If players come into contact with the wind, they will be pushed downwards.
The target sector must have the Wind/Current sector effect for this special to work. The speed of the wind is determined by the length of the control linedef.
If Flag  / Solid Midtexture / Effect 4 is checked, the wind will switch to sliding mode, in which players will be forced into their pain sprites and cannot accelerate or decelerate. If Flag  / Not Climbable is checked, the pushing effect is made exclusive – once an Object has been pushed by this effect, it cannot be pushed by any other pushing or carrying effect in the same tic. This is useful if the effect is applied to multiple adjacent sectors, since it would normally be applied twice when an Object crosses the border between two sectors with the effect.
Linedef special info
 Solid Midtexture / Effect 4: Makes the wind a slide
 Not Climbable: Pusher is exclusive
- Example file: ex_ld543_downwardswind.wad (MAP01)
|How to use
- You may load this file into your favorite map editor, such as Zone Builder. Select
MAP01 as the map to load.
- You may also load this file in the game:
ex_ld543_downwardswind.wad into the
addons folder of your SRB2 directory.
- Start SRB2, go to the Addons menu, and then select
- Start the game in Single Player mode.
- Press the Console button (
~), and type in the command
MAP MAP01 to access the example map.
- When you load this file in the game, it replaces Greenflower Zone Act 1.