Player being sped up by a speed pad.
Sector type 1280, Speed Pad, is a sector type which, when used in conjunction with linedef type 4, speeds up the player, plays the speed pad sound effect and, optionally, forces the player into a spin upon touching the floor of the sector. For more information on setting up this effect, see Linedef type 4.
|Type of sector
||Speeds up the player (and optionally forces them into a spin) upon touching the floor of the sector
|Solid FOF control sector
||Speeds up the player (and optionally forces them into a spin) upon touching the FOF top
|Intangible FOF control sector
||Speeds up the player (and optionally forces them into a spin) upon entering any part of the FOF
|Water FOF control sector
||Applying this to a water block can cause issues and is not recommended.
- Example file: ex_ld004_speedpad.wad (MAP01)
|How to use
- You may load this file into your favorite map editor, such as Zone Builder. Select
MAP01 as the map to load.
- You may also load this file in the game:
ex_ld004_speedpad.wad into the
addons folder of your SRB2 directory.
- Start SRB2, go to the Addons menu, and then select
- Start the game in Single Player mode.
- Press the Console button (
~), and type in the command
MAP MAP01 to access the example map.
- When you load this file in the game, it replaces Greenflower Zone Act 1.