Linedef type 540, Floor Friction, is a type of linedef special which modifies the floor friction of tagged sectors, so that players' movement is affected.
The amount of friction is determined by the control linedef's front texture X offset. Possible values range from -100 to 483, with 0 being default friction. Positive values produce extra friction, creating sludgy surfaces. Negative values reduce friction, creating slippery surfaces.
Linedef special info
|Front texture X offset
Amount of friction (0 is normal, positive is sludgy, negative is slippery)
- Example file: ex_ld540_floorfriction.wad (MAP01)
|How to use
- You may load this file into your favorite map editor, such as Zone Builder. Select
MAP01 as the map to load.
- You may also load this file in the game:
ex_ld540_floorfriction.wad into the
addons folder of your SRB2 directory.
- Start SRB2, go to the Addons menu, and then select
- Start the game in Single Player mode.
- Press the Console button (
~), and type in the command
MAP MAP01 to access the example map.
- When you load this file in the game, it replaces Greenflower Zone Act 1.