Thing Type 520, Bomb Sphere, is a small black sphere similar to Sonic 2's special stages. When touched, the sphere will explode, causing the player to be damaged similarly to any normal enemy or hazard, or like a Spikeball would, for example. After exploding, the sphere cannot be touched again until the level is either reloaded or is set back to it's SpawnState before it is deleted from the map, i.e. while exploding.
Upon being given the Ambush flag, it will float, similar to how a Ring could do the same, as well as many other similar objects like a Blue Sphere.
| This article or section contains a spoiler, an unlockable, or a secret. Please leave the page if you do not wish to view spoilers.
Level Design Uses
- These are great hazards for custom special stages, despite having a much less polished explosion than in Sonic 2 .
- Futuristic levels like Black Hole Zone would also be a good fit for these too.
- Get object and state info below main article.
- Add more uses before Black Hole Zone is listed, so it isn't visible on page load.
- Format the map example better.