Acid Missile/Levels/Gloom Metropolis Zone Act 1
|Acid Missile levels|
|MAPK6: Gloom Metropolis Zone Act 1|
MAPK6, Gloom Metropolis Zone Act 1, abbreviated as GMZ1, is the first act of Gloom Metropolis Zone, the third zone in Acid Missile. It takes place in the streets of a city at nighttime, with tall buildings surrounding the player. At the end, the player enters a sewer filled with harmful slime. The level was entered in the Single Player division of the March/April 2005 Official Level Design Contest, but did not receive a score because voting was canceled. As one of the first city-themed maps made for SRB2, it was very popular at the time.
Walk forward from the starting area and turn right at the fork in the road. After walking down a big staircase, you will reach a split in the path.
Turn left and then right to enter a tunnel. Walk through it to reach a Star Post and a large bridge. Walk across the bridge and jump across the gap at the end. Now the path splits again. If you turn left, you must jump across a series of crates to reach a higher street. If you turn right, you will reach a stack of crates with a yellow spring that allows you to reach the higher street. Afterwards, continue along the street until you reach a dead end with a hole leading down into a sewer. Jump through it to land on a platform in the slime. Jump to the walkway to your right and use the yellow spring to reach a higher walkway. At the end of that walkway, a red spring leads out of the sewer and into a street with the Level End Sign.
Turn right and jump over the barriers blocking the street. After a left turn, you will enter a tunnel. At the end of the tunnel, jump over the barrier to reach a Star Post. Jump onto the wooden crate and from there to the building in front of you. Step on the black box to reach a slightly higher building. Repeat this two more times until you reach a building with a diagonal red spring. Take it to reach a building on the other side of the room. Jump to the building to your left, which has another diagonal red spring. The spring will take you to a very high building at the top of the room. Look between the opening in the walls to your right to see a metal beam with a Super Sneakers Monitor hanging over the street. Jump to it and from there to the rooftop of the building in front of you. If you miss a jump, you will have to continue on the lower path.
After reaching the rooftop, walk to the right to find a slightly elevated block. Step on the outer rim of the building to reach it and then jump from there to the building across the street. Walk to the left to find a diagonal yellow spring that will take you to a higher building. On that building, use the yellow spring in the corner to reach an even higher building. Walk up to the far right edge to see another rooftop in the corner. Jump to it and walk around the corner. At the end of the building, drop down into the street with the Level End Sign.
Points of interest
- At the fork in the road in the starting area, turn left instead of right. In the corner, you will find a stack of crates with a spring. Take the spring to reach the top of the building. Turn right and walk across the building. At the end, you should see two lower buildings next to the large descending staircase. Jump to the left one, where you will find a Force Shield in the left corner.
- In Sonic's emblem location, an extra life is in the left corner.
- Take the right path at the path split. A Super Sneakers Monitor is in plain sight on the metal beam hanging over the street after the bridge room.
- Take the left path at the path split. At the fork in the road after the bridge room, turn left. After jumping up the crates, look for a gap between the highest stack of crates. Jump down into the gap to bounce on an Extra Life Monitor.
- Take the left path at the path split. After entering the sewer, turn around to find a Whirlwind Shield in the left corner.
Emerald token locations
- Token #1
- At the fork in the road in the starting area, turn left instead of right. In the corner, you will find a stack of crates with a spring. Take the spring to reach the top of the building. Turn right and walk across the building. At the end, you should see two lower buildings next to the large descending staircase. Jump to the left one and from there to the right one. In the far right corner you will find a red spring that takes you up to the top of the adjacent building. Walk across it and drop down on the other side. Jump across the street to another building, where you will find a black box in the center. Spindash through it to break it and reveal a token.
- Token #2
- Take the right path at the path split and proceed until you get to the section with the rooftops after the bridge room. On the highest building in that section, walk to the left end to find a token. Alternatively, take the left path and proceed until you get to the room after the large bridge. After the short path split rejoins, look to your right for a gray bustable wall. Behind it is a red spring which you can use to reach the top of the building to your right. Use the diagonal yellow spring to reach the other building and the yellow spring on that one to reach the building with the token.
- Sonic: At the fork in the road in the starting area, turn left instead of right. In the corner, you will find a stack of crates with a spring. Take the spring to reach the top of the building. Turn right and walk across the building. At the end, you should see two lower buildings next to the large descending staircase. Jump to the left one and from there to the right one. In the far right corner you will find a red spring that takes you up to the top of the adjacent building. Walk across it and up to the edge on the other side. If you turn sideways, you should be able to see the emblem floating in mid-air between this building and the one below. Jump down from the right spot to collect it.
- Tails: In the room with the broken bridge, fly underneath the segment connected to the exit. The emblem floats below it.
- Knuckles: In the bridge room, there are three high buildings to the left of the bridge. Climb down the backside of the middle one to find the emblem floating above the pit.
|Player 1 Start||1|
|Rings and weapon panels||Occurrences|
|Super Ring Monitor (10 Rings)||4|
|5 Vertical Rings (Yellow Spring)||5|
|5 Vertical Rings (Red Spring)||2|
|5 Diagonal Rings (Yellow Spring)||1|
|10 Diagonal Rings (Red Spring)||2|
|Special Stage Token||2|
|Force Shield Monitor||1|
|Whirlwind Shield Monitor||1|
|Super Sneakers Monitor||1|
|Extra Life Monitor||2|
|Level End Sign||1|
|Springs and fans||Occurrences|
|Diagonal Yellow Spring||1|
|Diagonal Red Spring||2|