Acid Missile/Levels/Waterfall Valley Zone Act 2
|Acid Missile levels|
|MAPK1: Waterfall Valley Zone Act 2|
MAPK1, Waterfall Valley Zone Act 2, abbreviated as WVZ2, is the second act of Waterfall Valley Zone, the first zone in Acid Missile. Its theme is similar to the first act, but the layout is more complex, featuring many deviations from the main path that intertwine, similar to Greenflower Zone Act 2. Because of the high amount of Pop-up Turrets and Crawla Commanders, its difficulty is fairly high for a second level. This level originally appeared in the Official Level Design Contest of May/June 2006 where it placed fourth with a score of 7.75.
Make your way forward until you come to a river that's crossing your path. You can either cross the river via the stepping stone or follow its path to the right.
After crossing the river, you will reach a large bridge spanning a lake. Continue along the bridge to reach the other side, where you will enter a cave. In the cave, jump across the platforms in the water to reach a diagonal red spring, which will throw you up to a high ledge where both paths merge.
Jump into the river and let the current carry you. Where the river leads into a lake, jump onto the square platform in front of you. Jump across two more platforms to reach a diagonal spring that will take you to a higher platform. Jump over the bridge below you to a platform with another spring. Take the spring and continue across the platforms to reach an opening in the wall. Jump across the gap in front of you to enter a cave. Here both paths merge.
Jump across the gap in front of you and exit the cave via the staircase. After a right turn, you will encounter a Star Post. Jump over the river afterwards and turn left to reach a valley with four large trees. You have two options to continue: The quicker option is to jump across the tree tops to reach an opening in the wall on the other side of the valley. From the opening, jump to your left to reach a platform at the top of a waterfall. If you missed a jump and fell down into the valley below, you will have to take the second option, which is to continue along the bottom of the valley. On the other side, you will reach a river. To your left will be a small platform with a diagonal red spring. Take the spring to reach the top of a tall pillar with a yellow diagonal spring, which will propel you to the top of the waterfall. The rivers in the valley and the river with the spring all have a current that will push you to the right. If you fall in and don't make it out in time, you will fall into a cave, where you have to jump across a series of platforms to reach a bustable wall, which leads back into the valley.
After reaching the top of the waterfall, continue across the platforms in front of you to reach a cave entrance. In the cave, drop down the hole in the floor and continue to your left. After passing through a cave with pools of water to the side, you will reach a row of red springs. Take them and then jump through one of the waterfalls in front of you to reach a room with the Level End Sign. Step on either of the four large platforms to end the level.
Points of interest
- In the valley with the large trees, jump into one of the rivers and let it carry you into a cave. In the cave, go to the far left end to find two blue spring that will take you up to a platform above the water. Jump across the platforms leading up to the right to reach an extra life. From there, walk up the staircase to your right to reach a bustable wall that leads back into the valley.
- In the final room, avoid passing over one of the four large platforms, which will end the level. Instead, jump into the water and look behind the two platforms on the far end of the room to find two extra lives.
- Take the right path at the start. In the large lake room, jump down into the water between the second and third platform to find an Elemental Shield.
- In the large lake room near the start, jump into the water below and walk up to the far end of the bridge. Just below the exit, you will find an Armageddon Shield.
- In the cave where the path split rejoins, jump down into the water to find a Whirlwind Shield.
- In the valley with the large trees, jump down from the entrance. An Attraction Shield sits next to the cliff.
- Jump into the river at the start and turn left. You will reach a platform with a red spring. Use it to reach the top of a waterfall, where you will find an invincibility monitor.
- In the valley with the large trees, jump across the tree tops to find a Super Sneakers monitor on the last one.
Emerald token locations
- Token #1
- After the valley with the large trees, once you've reached the top of the waterfall, jump into the water behind the platform that makes a left turn. You will find a token in the corner between the platform and the outer wall.
- Token #2
- In the cave just before the room with the Level End Sign, a token sits on top of the waterfall on the right side. As Tails or Knuckles, you can simply fly or climb up to it. As Sonic, you will have to take a different path earlier in the level: After the valley with the large trees, once you've reached the top of the waterfall, jump into the water and turn left. On the far end of the lake, you will find a tunnel which leads into another lake area. Use the blue spring to your left to reach a ledge next to the waterfall that leads into the large lake room at the start of the level. Use a spindash-jump to reach the platform in the middle of the waterfall. From there, turn right to see a tunnel entrance in the opposite wall. You can reach it with another spindash-jump or by bouncing on a Super Ring Monitor in the water. The tunnel leads to the top of the left waterfall in the cave near the end. The token sits on top of the waterfall on the other side. To reach it, jump down to a ledge to the left of the opposite waterfall and from there to a slightly higher ledge with a ring monitor to the right. From there you can reach the top of the waterfall with the token.
- Sonic: After the valley with the large trees, once you've reached the top of the waterfall, jump into the water and turn left. On the far end of the lake, you will find a tunnel which leads into another lake area. Use the blue spring to your left to reach a ledge next to the waterfall that leads into the large lake room at the start of the level. Use a spindash-jump to reach the platform in the middle of the waterfall, where you will find the emblem.
- Tails: Directly after the first Star Post, you will come across a river. Jump into that river and follow its current to the right. After dropping down a small waterfall, you will find the emblem floating in mid-air.
- Knuckles: In the valley with the large trees, search the right wall for a portion that is bustable. Break it and walk down the staircase behind it to reach a platform with an extra life. Jump down behind that platform to find the emblem floating in mid-air.