Castle Eggman Zone Act 2
|Single Player levels|
|MAP11: Castle Eggman Zone Act 2|
|Capture the Flag stages|
MAP11, Castle Eggman Zone Act 2, abbreviated as CEZ2, is the second act of Castle Eggman Zone, the fourth zone in Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.2. It takes place in the castle the player entered at the end of act 1. It features most of the same gimmicks and hazards of the first act, like brambles, maces, and chain launchers, with a greater focus on swinging maces and a large amount of moving platforms. CEZ2 is one of the longest and most complex levels in the game, and is architecturally designed like a real castle with a wide variety of paths to choose from.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Points of interest
- 3 Technical data
The level begins in the entrance to the castle. Progress straight ahead and you will reach what looks like a dead end, but the floor in that area will crumble, revealing the next area. Turn left in the hallway you entered and avoid the many wall spikes, then carefully make your way through a narrow bridge with swinging maces. If you get knocked down, you will need to take yellow springs back to the start of the bridge. If you make it to the bridge, you will enter a room with a tower that has moving platforms circling over it above damaging brambles.
Wait until a moving platform appears, jump on it, and then jump off to enter the hallway area right outside the tower room. There are more swinging maces and enemies you need to avoid. You will soon arrive at the outskirts of the castle, where diagonal yellow springs will take you up to still more swinging maces that lead to two more sets of diagonal yellow springs. These springs will take you up to a high platform with a higher platform behind it; both platforms are guarded by retractable spikes on the edge. Jump onto the higher platform immediately after the spikes there disappear, then hop on yellow springs to progress further through the area.
In the next outdoor area, avoid the maces and brambles, and be very careful with the maces rotating around a gray brick platform. You will need to enter that platform when the maces are on the platform's sides, then exit when the maces are on the sides once again, or else you may be knocked off. If you get knocked off, backtrack to see a set of brick platforms that you can jump on one by one to try again. After making it through the rotating mace platform, take a left U-turn over spikes and brambles, jump on the yellow springs, and then turn right and keep going until you reach a set of diagonal yellow springs. These yellow springs will take you back inside the castle, onto a long red carpet. Turn left from the carpet to reach the castle's courtyard, which begins the second section and contains the zone's first Star Post.
To reach the first section's upper route, stay on a moving platform for a bit longer, jumping over a set of stationary maces as you do so, until you can see inside the tower. On top of some brambles, there is a stone pillar with a yellow spring on it. Jump on the spring to reach the tower's balcony, which is surrounded by a second higher-up set of moving platforms. Jump on one of the moving platforms, and be very careful not to get hit by the maces. The maces up high are difficult to dodge, but if you can make it past them, you will reach a hallway directly above the lower path's hallway.
Turn right from the hallway to enter a room with five Lance-a-Bot Statues, two of which are actually Suspicious Lance-a-Bot Statues that come to life and turn into Lance-a-Bots. Avoid the Lance-a-Bots and turn left, then stand on the small square that contains a Super Ring Monitor. The platform will collapse, revealing an alternate entrance to the carpet that leads to the castle's courtyard. Go straight ahead, then turn left to enter the courtyard, which begins the second section and contains the zone's first Star Post.
The castle's courtyard has a walkway that lets you choose from three open doors: the front left door, the back left door, and the front right door. The back right door is closed and cannot be entered.
Front left path
The front left path begins with a carpeted hallway. Turn left to see a platform with retractable spikes that appear and disappear in a wave, meaning that you need to hop on the platform at the right time to make it through without getting hit. After the platform with retractable spikes, turn left again and build up enough speed to make a jump to balcony up high. If you miss the jump, try landing on the yellow springs to get up there instead; if you miss the springs, you will land on brambles and be sent back to the start of the front left path.
After making the jump, the next hallway features spikes, moving maces, and stationary maces that you need to carefully go through to avoid getting hit. Turn right from the area with three Egg Guards, then turn left, and you will encounter a chain launcher that can take you into a large open room. At the top of the room is a large bridge with patches of wood on top of brambles, which you will eventually make it to one way or another after going off the launcher. As most characters, a properly timed use of your double-jump ability can take you from the launcher directly to that bridge, where you can go off another launcher to reach the second Star Post. Alternately, you can skip to the bridge using the Whirlwind Shield's jump-spin ability if you find one and keep it on before the launcher, or by bouncing on the Armageddon Shield Monitor found atop a pillar between the launcher and the bridge.
If you don't make it to the bridge from the launcher, you will need to find a different way to get up there. The open room has several routes you can take to get to the bridge; those routes are listed in the front right path section, because that path takes you to a different part of the same open room.
After reaching the second Star Post, jump down a vertical shaft of rings and turn left. The next room features a set of platforms moving synchronously over brambles, with maces in between each platform. Move from each moving platform to the next when the area in front of you is clear of maces, and then after jumping off the last platform, immediately jump onto the diagonal yellow springs before a Suspicious Lance-a-Bot Statue can come to life and attack you. The springs lead to a balcony with a launcher that takes you to a long, wide bridge. To your left from that bridge is the third Star Post, beginning the zone's third section.
Back left path
The back left path begins with a hallway with stairs repeatedly turning right instead of slopes, featuring rotating and swinging maces that you need to carefully get around. One way to get around the maces is by walking on the slopes next to the stairs, but if you fall off of those slopes, you will need to restart the back left path. The staircase ends with a slope leading to the second Star Post, which is in front of diagonal yellow springs that lead into a large open room.
There are several ways to leave the large open room, some faster than others. The fastest way for Sonic to get out requires the most precision and involves a chain of springs: first the springs behind the Star Post, then two sets of vertical springs each atop a pillar, then a set of diagonal yellow springs that take you to a set of gray platforms that you can jump through over sloped brambles. After making it through the gray platforms, turn right to enter the next room. If you miss the spring chain, you will need to get through the room using moving platforms instead. No matter how far down you land, you can go up a slope and find a series of moving platforms you can hop on to make your way back up. If you landed far down enough, you may need to get through multiple series of moving platforms and slopes to get back up. The moving platforms will eventually take you to the platforms over sloped brambles mentioned earlier, which you can jump through to leave the room.
The next room after the open room is tall and circular, containing a vertical wooden log surrounded by a spiral of triangular platforms and rotating maces. Make it through the spiral of platforms while avoiding the maces to get to the top of the room, then jump through an opening and turn right. You will enter a room with two sloped gray platforms over brambles. Get through the sloped platforms without losing momentum, or else you will land in the brambles and have to get back up using springs. Following the sloped platforms is a balcony with a launcher that takes you to a large, wide bridge. To your left from that bridge is the third Star Post, beginning the zone's third section.
Front right path
The front right path begins with a curved hallway where you need to jump over small brown beams with retractable spikes. The hallway will take you to a large open room where you will need to find a way up to a high bridge. There are several ways you can get up to that bridge:
- Option A: Following the grass at the start, turn left and then right to reach a brown platform with diagonal yellow springs on its edge. You will need to jump on those springs at the right time so as not to get hit by the rotating Y-shaped maces in front of you, or carefully move yourself and the camera after jumping on the springs. Turn right to take another set of diagonal yellow springs, then jump to the next gray platform and turn left. The next room contains a set of horizontal yellow springs that leads to a chain of vertical yellow springs. You will need good timing and precision to make it through the chain of springs without landing in brambles. After the spring chain, jump over the next gap and turn left to reach a hallway with two rows of stationary maces, large and small respectively. You can spin under the small maces, or jump between the small and large maces, then turn left and jump over the brambles to enter the bridge.
- Option B: Take a U-turn to the left and jump over a set of stationary maces and spikes, then a set of diagonal red springs will take you to a sloped platform up high. Jump off the left side of that platform and go straight ahead to reach the room listed in Option A.
- Option C: Jump on the moving platform straight ahead, avoiding the maces that the platform goes under, and you will see maces revolving around a set of horizontal springs over a U-shaped pit in front of you. Jump on the yellow springs, then another higher up set of yellow springs that is also surrounded by maces. If you get hit by the maces, spin dash up the pit you landed in to get back on your feet and try again, or alternately jump on the yellow springs at the left side of the bottom of the pits to go to the room listed in Option A. After making it through the springs, turn left to see another set of three moving platforms. Jump through the platforms one by one to reach a set of diagonal yellow springs that take you to a square platform up high, surrounded on two sides by fences. Turn left from the platform you landed on and jump again (as Sonic, easiest to do with a thok) to reach another set of diagonal yellow springs. Those springs will take you to a grassy platform up high with a tree on it, after which you can turn right to reach an even higher platform with a launcher on top. That launcher will take you to the bridge on top.
- Option D: Go all the way down below the moving platform in front to reach a grassy area down below. Turn left and run up the large grassy slope, then from the top of the slope, jump onto the gray platform on the left. On that platform, turn the camera 180 degrees and jump (with a thok or momentum from running beforehand if necessary) to another gray platform with diagonal yellow springs on it. The springs take you to another set of diagonal yellow springs, which in turn take you to a brown platform high up. Turn left from the brown platform to reach the room listed in Option A.
After reaching the top of the bridge, go on the launcher to reach the second Star Post. Everything from that Star Post to the next one is listed in the front left path.
Once you reach the zone's third Star Post at the end of a large, wide bridge, there are two paths you can choose from depending on whether you turn left or right. Both of those paths have an upper route and a lower route, with the upper route more difficult but considerably shorter than the lower route; in both cases, falling off a platform in the upper route will usually send you to the lower route.
The left path begins with a room with two moving platforms over brambles followed by a set of rotating maces. Get through the platforms and avoid the maces to enter the next room, with three sloped platforms over pillars. This is where the path splits between an upper route and a lower route, depending if you make it through the platforms or fall off.
The upper route goes as follows: after making it through the sloped platforms, you will reach a ledge with a diagonal yellow spring on it. Jump on the yellow spring, then fall through a column of rings to reach an open room. In that room, there is a large pillar with spikes, rotating maces, and a pit of brambles on top. To avoid the spikes and maces, jump over the spikes while the maces are not in your way. If you make it through the pillar to the grassy ledge, you will continue the upper route; if you fall off, you will enter the grassy hill area of the lower route. If you continue the upper route, after the grassy ledge, you will need to hop through a series of brown platforms over a hill of brambles. If you fall into the brambles, go down the hill to find a yellow spring where you can start that section over. After making it through those platforms, turn left, avoiding the Lance-a-Bot in that area, and jump onto one of the diagonal yellow springs to reach a wide corridor which is where the upper and lower routes merge. This corridor contains the fourth Star Post.
The lower route goes as follows: under the sloped platforms, there is a brown sloped ledge over the brambles that you can walk on. Turn left and go downhill on the grass while avoiding enemies, then jump over the brambles and turn right. Continue through the hilly grass while avoiding hazards and jumping over brambles when necessary, then jump on a diagonal yellow spring on a high-up grassy ledge to progress further. You will then enter a vertical structure with maces revolving around the bottom of a pillar. Take a yellow spring while avoiding maces to reach the structure's second floor, which contains maces revolving a bit higher up and surrounding spikes. Jump over each set of spikes while the maces are not in your way, then take a yellow spring to reach the third floor. The third floor contains what may look like four rows of maces revolving around the pillar, but one row is actually a set of floating yellow springs that will take you to the top of the structure, which is where the upper and lower routes merge. This corridor contains the fourth Star Post.
After the two routes merge, go straight ahead from the Star Post and a chain launcher will take you to a room with platforms over brambles. Get through the platforms while avoiding the maces on them, jump on the yellow springs, and turn left to reach one more room with a single moving platform over brambles followed by a set of rotating maces. After getting through that room, the zone's final room awaits.
Right path, part 1
The third section's right path begins with a horizontal log of wood with maces rotating around it. Run through the log, timed so that you are between maces the entire way through, and you will make it without getting hit. If you fall off the log into the brambles, there are springs behind you so you can get back up and try again. After the log is a room with bookcases arranged to form a maze with numerous Egg Guards as obstacles and Suspicious Lance-a-Bot Statues as hazards. Go forward through the maze, turning left and right as needed while avoiding enemies, to make it to the next hallway. Jump over a floor of brambles, then follow the sideways carpet and turn right to reach a large room with moving platforms and maces over brambles. Continue to the section #Right path, part 2.
From the bookshelf maze room, you can alternately enter the right path's upper route as follows: at the end of the room, turn behind you to see a yellow spring in front of a Lance-a-Bot Statue that does not come back to life. Jump on the spring, then turn left and jump on the tops of the bookshelves one by one until you reach the slightly sloped gray pathway higher up in the room. Go through that walkway, avoiding the retractable spikes when they are up, then turn right, jump through an arc of rings on top of a bookshelf, and turn right again to to reach another higher sloped gray pathway with retractable spikes. Following those spikes is a non-sloped gray brick platform, where you can see a dark opening in the wall a bit to the right. With a well-timed and aimed jump or thok with momentum built up beforehand, you will be able to enter the wall's opening and continue the upper route. The next room in the upper route is a wooden hallway with retractable spikes, as well as springs on chains that will send you into a ceiling of brambles if you jump on them. Turn left, then right, and you will enter the uppermost area of the large room with moving platforms and maces.
Right path, part 2
From the room with large maces over platforms, there are three possible routes you can take depending whether you make it through the moving platforms. If you entered from the right path's main route, carefully progress through the moving platforms and jump over approaching maces right before they appear, and it shouldn't be difficult to exit the room and reach the middle route. If you fall off a moving platform and land in the brambles, the only way to proceed further is to jump through the safe platforms on the brambles to reach the lower route. If you entered from the upper route discussed in the last section, making it through the platforms and going back the way you came will allow you to continue the upper route, while falling off will lead you to one of the lower two routes.
The upper route is the most difficult to get to (especially as Sonic), but also the shortest. It is accessed by going through moving platforms and the tops of pillars while avoiding maces. Some of the low maces can be avoided by spin dashing, then pressing jump right as you release to avoid moving forward. Once you get to the highest platform, you will leave the room with maces and moving platforms on the opposite side from the other two routes. Then, turn right and spin onto a horizontal red spring to be propelled through a chain of springs that will take you spinning underneath a mace, after which is the fourth Star Post. This is where the upper route merges with the middle route.
The middle route begins with a left turn into a patch of grass with maces rotating around trees, surrounded by a death pit way down below. Turn left again, and there are two very long jumps you must make. Those gaps are long enough that the safest way to get to them as Sonic is with a thok, and as other characters it will also be easiest to use your double-jump ability. After the two gaps, turn right into a narrow hallway decorated with bookshelves. In the hallway, watch out for patches of retractable spikes, Egg Guards, and Lance-a-Bots, then jump forward onto a set of diagonal red springs to reach the fourth Star Post. After the Star Post, fall down a hole to reach a hallway with five Egg Guards blocking your way. Jump on one of the guards when the shield is facing away to have part of the path cleared, then make a swift jump up the slope to the next platform. If you miss the jump, you will get knocked down to the lower route; if you make the jump, go forward and spin onto the horizontal red springs to your left to go up a slope with diagonal red springs on top. Turn right when launched from the springs, and the final room awaits.
The lower route begins with a left turn from an Eggman Monitor, into a patch of grass surrounded by a death pit not too far below. Turn left, then right, and jump onto a set of diagonal yellow springs to reach the fourth Star Post. From there, go forward, avoid the horizontal red springs in front of you, and turn left to reach a room with sets of retractable spikes facing up and down that must be jumped through at the right time to proceed. Following that room is a set of eight Lance-a-Bot Statues, two of which come to life. Avoid the Lance-a-Bots and jump forward onto a set of yellow springs, then carefully go around a column with maces surrounding it and turn right. You will need to jump through two sets of retractable floor and wall spikes at just the right time to get through without getting hit, then turn right and jump through another set of maces around a pillar. If you miss the jump, a set of four diagonal springs in the area where you land will take you back up so you can try again. After jumping through the maces, a set of diagonal yellow springs will take you to the final room.
The zone's final room contains a large pillar with four chain launchers on it, with brambles on the floor. Hop onto one of the chain launchers on the pillar to reach the balcony higher up. If you miss or land in the brambles, there are diagonal yellow springs on the sides that you can use to get back up and try again. If you make it to the balcony (aided by vertical springs if necessary), the next step is to make it to one of the high points of the balcony, each marked by a Suspicious Lance-a-Bot Statue. From that area, you will see a set of eight moving platforms circling the top of the pillar, with the platforms in two sets of four different heights. When the platform with the lowest height appears, jump on it and then jump through the next few. Be very careful with the third platform, since a rotating mace periodically passes right over it. After making it onto the highest moving platform, you will reach the top of the pillar, which contains a chain launcher that can take you to the end of the level. As most characters, it will help to use your double-jump ability (thok, fly, climb, or hover) if you don't fly off the launcher at the angle you want. If you aim the launcher properly, you will reach the level's ending room, which contains a carpet marked with Eggman's face and the Level End Sign.
Points of interest
- In the zone's first section, high up in the room with platforms over brambles circling a pillar, an Attraction Shield and two Super Ring Monitors can be found on a small ledge. To reach that ledge as Sonic, take the first section's upper route and be very careful to avoid maces.
- In the hallway on the second section's front left path, shortly before entering the open room, an Attraction Shield can be found on a brown ledge near three Egg Guards, too high up to reach by directly jumping. To get that shield as Sonic, jump onto the raised gray area behind the Egg Guards, then jump over the brambles into the ledge; a thok may be helpful, but is not necessary.
- On the second section's back left path, instead of entering the open room, turn right shortly before the Star Post at the end of the staircase. In front of you is a gap large enough that Sonic will need to thok to clear it; make it through the gap to reach a red balcony with a yellow spring on it. Turn right again and jump on the yellow spring, then turn right and thok (or use whichever other ability your character has) again to reach a gray balcony with an Attraction Shield.
- On the second section's back left path, take the chain of springs in the open room, but turn right a bit after jumping on the diagonal springs. You will reach a high-up cliff with bushes and an Attraction Shield in the center.
- As Tails or Knuckles, in the room that begins the third section's left path, fly or climb up to the top of the bookshelf wall on the entrance's side to find an Attraction Shield surrounded by two Super Ring Monitors.
- As Tails or Knuckles, on the third section's right path, fly or climb up to the very top of the tall room with moving platforms over brambles. An Attraction Shield rests on top of the highest pillar.
- At the very beginning of the level, turn left from the carpet and go up a small staircase. You will enter a small room containing two Egg Guards, six rings arranged into a hexagon, and a Force Shield.
- On the second section's back left path, after entering the large open room, go down a grassy hill in the direction you came from to enter a room with gray platforms on top of brambles. At the end of that room, the highest platform contains a Force Shield surrounded by candles.
- In the open room entered from the second section's front right path, when platforming up to the chain launcher high up in the middle of the room, stop before the diagonal yellow springs that are right behind the launcher. Instead of jumping on the springs, turn left to find a series of moving platforms. Jump on one of those platforms, then turn left to reach a small room containing a Force Shield.
- On the third section's left path's upper route, when making past the pillar with spikes and maces to a grassy ledge, turn right immediately after reaching that ledge to find a Force Shield on the bottom of a slope of brambles. To collect the shield from above, jump on it from the gray bricks next to the slope, then immediately turn back.
- Early in the third section's left path, in the room with pillars over sloped brambles, go all the way to the bottom of the third pillar to find a small dent in its foundation. Inside that dent is a Force Shield.
- In the last room of the third section's right path's middle route, when jumping off the red springs, go straight ahead to land on top of a low bookcase, then turn right to see an indent in the bookcases. A Force Shield is found in that indent.
- In the room with Lance-a-Bot Statues on the first section's upper route, an Armagedon Shield can be found in plain sight at the end, surrounded by two torches.
- On the second section's front left path, from the chain launcher into an open room, launch yourself and then turn left a bit to bounce onto an Armageddon Shield on top of a pillar.
- In the open room entered from the second section's back left path, launch yourself from the chain launcher in the middle of the room (the same one usable to reach one of the extra lives high up) and turn slightly right to reach a small ledge on the wall with an Armageddon Shield. [NOTE: there's probably a faster way to get it]
- In the first area of the third section's right path, when traversing the upper route above the bookcases, turn left after jumping through the arc of rings. Jump onto the brown platform with a spring on it in front of you, then turn right and continue along a brick walkway high up. After you see a square of two Super Ring Monitors and two Eggman Monitors, hop onto the brick walkway to the right and progress in the opposite direction where you came until you see a vertical red spring. Jump on the red spring and progress a bit further until you see a bookcase in front of you with an Armageddon Shield on top. From the end of the walkway onto this shield, you can do a monitor bounce to continue progressing through the upper route.
- Near the end of the outdoor portion of the zone's first section, a Whirlwind Shield rests high up on a brown ledge. To reach the shield as Sonic, turn around after springing to the carpeted area that normally leads to the courtyard, and with a well-timed thok, you can access the ledge with the shield. Fang can collect this shield near the start of the zone, by targeting the monitor from across a barred window on the left side and shooting it.
- In the room that begins the second section's front left path, there is a small pool of water with some small brick columns sticking out. At the very center of that pool is the highest column, which has a Whirlwind Shield on top of it. Since it is difficult to keep a shield on when progressing through the many hazards in the following hallway, it is recommended you grab the Invincibility Monitor at the bottom of the same area before grabbing the shield.
- In the open room accessible from the second section's back left path, jump onto a diagonal red spring on the left end of a gray slope at the end of the room to be taken to another diagonal red spring, then to a set of vertical yellow springs on top of a pillar. When bouncing from those yellow springs, turn right to enter a gray ledge, then turn right again when reaching that ledge. On the ledge, jump on a set of yellow springs and progress a bit further until you find a Whirlwind Shield.
- On the third section's left path's lower route, in the hilly forested area, look behind a pillar by the left wall that has a mace rotating around it. An indent in the pillar's back side contains a Whirlwind Shield.
- On the third section's left path, in the large room after the bridge where the lower and upper routes merge, there is a Whirlwind Shield and two Super Ring Monitors on top of the highest pillar to the left. To access that shield as Sonic, progress trough the room as usual, but after jumping on the diagonal springs, turn back around from the entrance to the next room. From that point, hop onto the ledge to the right, then jump onto the lowest pillar to the left. The pillars all have retractable spikes on them, so jump from your current pillar wile its spikes are down, then time your jump so that the next pillar's spikes will also be down when you land. On the final pillar, the Whirlwind Shield awaits.
- In the large room with moving platforms on the third section's right path, right below the entrance to continue the upper route, there is a fenced balcony that contains a Whirlwind Shield.
- On the third section's right path's lower route, right after the narrow hallway with three sets of retractable floor and ceiling spikes, jump directly below the first set of rotating maces to find a Whirlwind Shield.
- Near the start of the level, after the floor in the initial hallway collapses, turn right instead of left to proceed through a darker portion of the hallway. A small crevice in the left side of the hallway contains an Elemental Shield right next to a torch.
- In the courtyard that begins the zone's second section, there is a small maze of hedges all the way in the back with a few Egg Guards inside. At the center of those hedges, an Elemental Shield can be found.
- On the third section's right path, when entering the room with moving platforms over brambles from the middle route, backtrack onto a high-up walkway after the area where you would normally continue and progress through a few more moving platforms. You will see that the pillar in the middle of the room contains a dent with an Elemental Shield inside, right at the same height where maces circle around it.
- On the second section's back left path, in the room with a wooden log surrounded by a spiral of triangular platforms, there is a lower set of platforms below the ones you would normally traverse. On one of those platforms near the top of the log is an Elemental Shield.
- In the open room entered from the second section's back left path, a gray ledge contains an Elemental Shield to the right of a pillar. To reach the shield as Sonic, turn left after jumping from the first set of vertical yellow springs.
- Near the beginning of the zone, ride one of the platforms moving around a pillar over brambles until you see an Invincibility Monitor right outside the pillar. As Fang, you can simply shoot that monitor from inside the pillar.
- When starting the second section's front left path, instead of proceeding through the hallway, turn left and jump over brambles to find an Invincibility Monitor.
- From the hallway that begins the second section's back left path, turn right into the grass from the staircase with maces circling over it. At the very bottom of the grassy hill is an Invincibility Monitor.
- After entering the open room from the second section's front right path, there is a well to the right that contains an Invincibility Monitor.
- On the third section's left path, after launching yourself over a death pit into a room with platforms over brambles, go to the leftmost wooden platform to find an Invincibility Monitor right next to a tall pillar.
- At the start of the third section's right path, instead of traversing the log with maces circling around it, go straight down and to the left of the log to find an indent in the wall behind you. That indent contains an Invincibility Monitor.
- When traversing beams on the castle's outskirts in the first section's lower route, instead of hopping onto the diagonal springs that take you further through the area, jump onto the next beam a bit lower down to find a Super Sneakers Monitor. That monitor can be used most efficiently by bouncing on it from the beam with springs.
- In the courtyard beginning the zone's second section, go inside the pool of water in the center of the room. On the pool's left side is a small pit that contains a Super Sneakers Monitor.
- After entering the open room from the second section's front right path, turn right and look behind you to find an octagonal gray platform with a Super Sneakers Monitor on it.
- At the very beginning of the level, the first high-up beam has an extra life on top that is only accessible as Tails or Knuckles.
- In the outdoor portion of the first section, get onto the brown platform that contains a Whirlwind Shield (discussed in the Whirlwind shields section), then turn around and jump onto the nearest pillar, which has a square gap that contains a red spring. Jump on the red spring in the pillar to reach the top of a higher-up pillar, which contains an extra life.
- On the first section's upper route, in the room with five Lance-a-Bot Statues (two of which come to life), the floor has one cracked tile near the wall right when you enter the room. Stand on that cracked tile and it will break, revealing a yellow spring. Jump on that spring to enter a short pathway with maces swinging over brambles. At the end of that pathway is an extra life.
- At the start of the second section's front left path, there is an extra life high up on top of a spider formation, above the Whirlwind Shield in the center of the room. Different characters can get that shield in different ways:
- Tails and Knuckles can easily reach the extra life by flying or climbing above the shield onto the spider.
- As Sonic or Amy, the best way to access the extra life is with the Whirlwind Shield mentioned previously. After grabbing the shield, go through the sloped carpet, and turn around right before the big jump into a hallway with maces. Use the Whirlwind Jump to reach a gray brick ledge behind the carpet. The ledge that contains two diagonal yellow springs in a gap at its edge. Jump onto those springs to reach a ledge with another spring, which in turn will take you to the extra life at the top of the spider.
- Fang or Metal Sonic can take the same path there as Sonic and Amy but with a slight shortcut: instead of a whirlwind jump, they can tail bounce or hover from the end of the hallway respectively.
- On the second section's front left path, climb or fly up the wall marked with two Crawla statues behind the launcher that takes you to an open room. An indent in the wall contains an extra life.
- In the open room accessible form the second section's back left path, at the opposite side of the room's entrance, there is a red diagonal spring on the left end of a slope. Jump on that spring to reach another diagonal red spring, which will take you to a set of yellow springs on top of a pillar. From those yellow springs, turn left and jump onto moving platforms until you reach a chain launcher in the center of the room. From the chain launcher, position the camera 90 degrees to the right of where the rings face, then jump off to reach a hole up high in the wall that contains an extra life. Tails and Knuckles can also reach that hole simply by flying or climbing.
- In the open room accessible from the second section's front right path, take the path up to the bridge listed as "Option C" but stop at the platform with a chain launcher. An extra life is hidden one of that platform's corners.
- Underneath the bridge that begins the zone's third section, there is an extra life surrounded by two pushable Lance-a-Bot Statues.
- On the third section's left path, at the corridor where the upper and lower paths merge, backtrack and jump onto the top of a grassy hill, then turn right and jump into a rocky corridor. From the rocky corridor, jump again (as Sonic, most easily with a thok) to reach a grassy ledge containing an extra life.
- Go on the launcher after the Star Post on the third section's left path, but instead of launching yourself forward, aim to the right and go downward. You will enter a small room with an extra life, with diagonal red springs to go back to where you came from.
- At the end of the third section's left path, right before the zone's final room, instead of hopping on the platform moving over brambles, jump down and to the left to find an indent near the bottom of the gray bookcase wall. The wall's indent contains an extra life.
- In the tall room with sets of platforms moving over brambles on the third section's right path, the wall has an indent very high up on the exit side, high enough that only Tails and Knuckles can reach it. Inside that indent is an extra life.
- In the third section, near the end of the right path's upper route, there is an extra life hidden high up in a small gap in the bookcases. Tails and Knuckles can access that extra life by flying or climbing, and Amy can access it by hammering on the diagonal red springs that normally lead to the final room.
- At the end of the bookshelf hallway in the third section's right path's middle route, instead of jumping onto the diagonal red springs ahead, jump down to find an empty gray room with an extra life in the middle. There are diagonal red springs near the extra life that you can jump on to get back on the path.