A player triggering an earthquake by pressing a button.
Linedef type 444, Earthquake, is a type of linedef executor which, when triggered, causes the camera to shake for all players in the map, simulating an earthquake.
The tag given to this linedef is irrelevant. The length of the control linedef determines the duration that the effect lasts, in tics. The control linedef's front texture X offset determines the intensity of the earthquake. If the offset is set to 0, 8 will be used as a default value.
Linedef special info
Duration in tics
|Front texture X offset
Intensity (8 is default)
- Example file: ex_ld444_earthquake.wad (MAP01)
|How to use
- You may load this file into your favorite map editor, such as Zone Builder. Select
MAP01 as the map to load.
- You may also load this file in the game:
ex_ld444_earthquake.wad into the
addons folder of your SRB2 directory.
- Start SRB2, go to the Addons menu, and then select
- Start the game in Single Player mode.
- Press the Console button (
~), and type in the command
MAP MAP01 to access the example map.
- When you load this file in the game, it replaces Greenflower Zone Act 1.