Linedef type 438, Change Object Size, is a type of linedef executor which, when triggered, changes the size of the Object that triggered it, causing it to grow or shrink a specified amount. The gravity will be adjusted to fit the assigned size; for example, the jump height of players will be scaled accordingly. This effect used to be used in Egg Rock Zone Act 2 to shrink the player for a portion of the level.
The tag given to this linedef is irrelevant. The length of the control linedef indicates the new size of the Object in percent of its default size. The value should be between 5 and 400.
Linedef special info
Size in percent (5 to 400)
- Example file: ex_ld438_setobjectsscale.wad (MAP01)
- The red floor will scale the player to 32%, the blue floor will return the player to normal size, and the Yellow floor will scale the player to 192%.
|How to use
- You may load this file into your favorite map editor, such as Zone Builder. Select
MAP01 as the map to load.
- You may also load this file in the game:
ex_ld438_setobjectsscale.wad into the
addons folder of your SRB2 directory.
- Start SRB2, go to the Addons menu, and then select
- Start the game in Single Player mode.
- Press the Console button (
~), and type in the command
MAP MAP01 to access the example map.
- When you load this file in the game, it replaces Greenflower Zone Act 1.