Linedef type 460, Award Rings, is a type of linedef executor which, when triggered, adds or subtracts from the ring count of the player who activates it.
The tag given to this linedef is irrelevant. The amount of rings to add to the player's ring count is specified by the front texture X offset of the control linedef. The offset can be negative; in this case, rings will be subtracted from the player's ring count instead (down to the minimum of 0). If the front texture Y offset is not 0, rings are only awarded if the current tic is divisible by the Y offset. When combined with a Continuous trigger, this is useful for awarding rings periodically, but not in every tic.
Linedef special info
|Front texture X offset
Amount of rings to add or subtract
|Front texture Y offset
Rings are only awarded if current tic is divisible by this value (if not 0)
- Example file: Ex_ld460_awardrings.wad (MAP01)
|How to use
- You may load this file into your favorite map editor, such as Zone Builder. Select
MAP01 as the map to load.
- You may also load this file in the game:
Ex_ld460_awardrings.wad into the
addons folder of your SRB2 directory.
- Start SRB2, go to the Addons menu, and then select
- Start the game in Single Player mode.
- Press the Console button (
~), and type in the command
MAP MAP01 to access the example map.
- When you load this file in the game, it replaces Greenflower Zone Act 1.